Thread: Fell Again
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you feel better soon!

I fell a few weeks ago also and had to go to the hospital and like you, I have a bad sprain and have torn all of the ligaments just under my knee. Because of my RSD, they wouldn't cast it and I was told just to immobilise it and start moving a bit more each day until the ligaments heal properly.

My leg is permanently rotated out to the side in eversion due to a complication of the RSD (Dystonia) that I have in my leg. It is also kinda curved underneath me like yours. It's extremely painful and has been like that for nearly 3 years now. No ammount of muscle relaxants or treatments have helped. My PT's want me to try Botox however every other doctor we have spoken to thinks it's a bad idea.

Like you, I find it hard to walk. I've spent 13 months in a wheelchair due to coordination problems. I can walk short distances now but it's still really hard. Do you use crutches at all? It's important to walk as much as possible as i'm sure you know but maybe they'd help your mobility and they may keep you more stable also?

Do you have a Physical/Occupational Therapist? Maybe you could speak to them and see what they recommend?

I hope you get to feeling better real soon and i'm here if you ever want to talk!

Alison