View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:05 PM
artist

artist

Hi Jo,

I see exactly what you see, but it's not the mode I want to change, it's the number/amount of threads listed per page I would like to change. At present it seems to be set (and fixed) to show 20 threads, on all forums.

I was looking for a way to increase the number of threads listed per page - exactly the same as when you go to Google preferences, you can choose to get 20, 30 or 50 links per page, I'd like to be able to choose to see, say 20, 30 or 50 threads listed per page.

Just to explain why: yesterday we had a lot of posters, some replying to older threads...by the end of the day the first forum page was full of the threads with replies, plus new threads, from "today", leaving just one thread at the bottom from "yesterday". But on the second page there were very recent postings, from "yesterday" and before, all very relevant and topical. That's all fine, except that many people (me included) don't look at anything other than the first page.

If the pages could list *more than 20 threads" per page, it would include more of the most recent posts.

This hasn't been a problem till now, but we've just had an influx of new members, so the number of daily posts has increased.

Clear as mud?? I think this may be one for whoever has to set defaults and suchlike in the vbulletin programme, I can't see a way to change the settings. But I don't see any reason not to allow us the option to choose how many threads per page we can see listed...

all the best!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote