View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by vini View Post
yes decreased in smell and taste yeah also my dress sense
After my fall, at which time I fractured C-1 and C-2 3Xs. I also suffered a coup de coup injury in which my pre frontal lobe suffered the majority of the lasting effects. The accident occured in June of 2003, I didn't realize that I lost my sense of smell until sometime in the winter of 2004. I lost my ability to smell pleasant things like flowers, food etc..
In January of 2004, I had a Grand Mal seizure. After my seizure, I had a horrible smell/taste. It was terrible and reminded me of the toxic gas formed when bleach and ammonia are mixed together. Later it occured to me that I rarely smelled anything, only occasionally I would get a wiff of something that smelled strong or toxic. but that was the extent.
The good news is,...in 2006 I got out of a friends car and as I was walking up my sidewalk to the front door when I smelled my neighbors BBQ!!! I actually had to ask one of my kids, "Is that hamburgers on the grill that I smell?" Indeed it was. Don't loose hope, if you have lost your smell. I consider myself very blessed in my recovery.
JelyicalCat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (02-25-2010)