View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You need a new doc. ASAP. Try to find one that is board certified in PM and/or Anesthesiology. Neurologists can be good too. The bigger teaching hospitals with pain management centers are often the best places to start looking.

A doc that recommends ice and a boot doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to RSD.

Good luck - XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyk24 View Post
I have missed a lot of work due to my foot, I've just been lucky so far because I'm a very fast worker and have been able to keep up with all the demands of my job despite missing time. Lately I've been averaging about 28 hours a week, but I've also been trying to ween myself out of my airboot, which increases my pain substantially. And when I discuss it with my pm doc he tells me to keep the boot on, rather then adjusting my meds. Or he will tell me to ice it, which I keep telling him is one of the big no nos. I've read enough to know that using my airboot is bad, and ice is bad, so I feel stuck . . .

I have talked to my hr, and she agreed that my requests for accommodation were very reasonable. I'm pretty sure my company will side with me, but I know it will upset my boss, so it's going to be a stressful work environment for a while . . . Great
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote