View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Justdeb...Yeah, I've noticed that the very dry hair and falling-out-episodes started when I first weaned down from 80mgs...I think that it may be from weaning off the prednisone, as opposed to the prednisone itself...Maybe I am weaning too quickly...On my 'no-prednisone-day,' I was supposed to wean by 10mgs every month, but have been doing it every two weeks (to my own detriment, I guess)...March 1st, I wont be weaning that quickly anymore- I think that it is just too stressful for the old body....

I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday, and he was saying that when there's hairloss all over the head, it's usually from trauma that happened many months prior... I was thinking that maybe this is related too because I was really anemic some months back, and also from the surgery maybe...

Who knows...You know those little conditioners you get with hairdye? My hair's so dry, that I used a whole tube of that after I took a shower, didn't wash it out, and it's still dry! lol...Feels like I have cotton candy growing outta my head...

Maybe I will have to go ahead and cut it really short...but it ain't gonna be pretty....I guess I don't call 'em my 'ugly' pills for nothin'!

When you say that you 'crash,' you mean that your MG flares, right? Or do you mean that you get lots of withdrawal sx? The joint pain in my hands is returning, but it's not too bad at the moment, I can manage it...I also see it as a sign that my wounds will start healing again, and maybe my sternum will heal more properly- it moves around all the time...*sighs*
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote