View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The doc I am seeing is the only one that is certified in my area that accepts my insurance. Thing is, I don't get to see the actual doc, he only does procedures, I see his nurse practitioner, who does all my meds. The doc is an anethisiologist. I've tried to explain to the np, but he seems to be under the impression that whatever reduces pain is good, and that doing things that excaberate things and then medicating more to tolerate it is bad. I'm not particulary happy with this place anyways, because I've called before when the pain was bad and was told "that after surgery this can happen, and that I should take some tylenol, which will reduce the sewelling and then the pain" . . . . Sadly, I have had no surgery I also have noticed that the np doesn't even look at his notes from the last visits. In jan he stopped me on the morphine because I couldn't stand it, this last appointment I told him I was eating better, and he asked me why I thought that was . . . I told him because I wasn't taking the morphine, he's all "hmm, you think the morphine made you sick?" His office even gave me anti nausea meds for it! I also bring with me to every appt a "progress" sheet I found on an rsd website, have done this at every appt, the last appt I handed it to him and he asked what it was like he'd never seen one before . . . . Ughh . . . . . I hate insurance restrictions.
hollyk24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote