View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk New to this forum & RSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Feel free to post your story, your RSD history, or an introduction to the forum members.

Welcome to the RSD/CRPS forum.
Hi! I'm not really sure how these forums work, so I'll have to play with it when I have time. If I don't reply right away or do the fancy friend things, please be patient with me.

My 16-year-old son was diagnosed with RSD this last Nov. 2009. He actually had it before in his right foot when he was 10, and it was awful, but he was miraculously healed after only 3 weeks. We took him to Texas Children's, which was a miracle that he got seen right away, and to another ped. neurologist, and they both diagnosed him and started him on Neurontin. When he was healed, they both said it was a miracle and to thank God, which of course, we did.

He's been having some residual pain off and on since then, but few and far between and still very active and normal. He even had some sprained ankles and torn ligaments in his right anke and it took longer than most to heal, but he was okay, thank God. Then out of the blue, it came back in his right ankle. We took him to the orthopedic who put him on Daypro or Ultram and said he would be fine in a few weeks. After a few weeks, he was worse and said that it felt like the RSD was coming back. Whoever heard of someone getting worse after they've been healed? But he definitely has it, although he doesn't have that horrible alloydia that he had before, and he is able to walk with considerable pain. He had the first nerve block at the end of Jan. which worked immediately but faded to nothing after 3 days. He had a 2nd nerve block a week later because his pain was back up to a 10 with taking 8 Vicadin a day. It was also immediately successful but lasted only 6 days. He's only taking 3-4 Vicadin a day now and still doing physical therapy 3 times a week, but it hurts. He's started having headaches and disoriented thinking so we're going to see the dr. this Friday. I'm wondering if he'll want to do another nerve block. I'm hoping he'll think a ketamine infusion would help and that he's able to either do it well or recommend a dr. in Houston that does. Thanks for this site. It's really helpful and seems very supportive!
klmullican is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote