View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mrsD:
Thanks for the valuable information and links on this subject. I have started 5000 mcg orally of methylcobalamin daily, upped my calcium and magnesium, seperated the folate from the B12 and also doubled my Vit D3. I have suffered from severe anxiety related to the B12 deficiency and may be one of the rare cases that actually had a psychotic episode that has no other explanation than the B12. It is very scary and so completely out of character for me, it almost sent me over the edge, literally. The only possible reason for the mental dysfunction that we can come up with is the B12 issue. And it came out of no where. Although I am under much stress with my sister dying, it was not any more than usual. I cannot find literature that discusses the symptoms of someone like myself that has been treated for five years for this disease, but still has flare ups and depletions along the way accompanied with physical and psychological impairments. Is anyone else having similar things happening to them? I was under the impression (wrong of course) that once you started treatment, the symptoms would disappear and the neurological and psychological damages that have been done would be repaired. Or at least I would not get worse. I have read many studies about the irrational and psychotic behaviors of subjects low in B12 that are fully rectified with treatments. I am very interested in meeting with my local health care providers and giving them a presentation concerning my case. I am lucky enough that I have professional relationships with them and they really will listen to my story. There is certainly enough information out there, it is just not getting into the right hands and the right minds. I appreciate all the information and help and will continue to pass on any information I find on the subject.
daisydc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote