Thread: Your GP role?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Daniella - have you thought about booking an appt with Dr. S? It takes 18 mths or so to see him, but you can call and try to get in sooner when people cancel. He's supposed to be the very best for RSD. Or one of the other RSD docs that might be located closer to you? I was amazed at how smart Dr. Getson (of Marlton, NJ) was compared to the other pain management docs that I have seen - he's that way because he does RSD most of the time, and he's been doing it for over 13 years, and they only do it once in a while. Experience counts for a lot. My doc in Boston is great - but Getson was way better. Just my two cents....I don't know how sick you are and whether you can travel, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Hi thank you for your thoughts. I have seen a couple pain management docs and had procedure plus meds. I am not on any narcotics nor do I want to be so it is not about doctor shopping for meds but about a doc looking outside of the box. My last/current pain doc is the best with that because he looks at both the PN and RSD but does not push into big procedures.I have other issues going on and some is not known if it is part of RSD/PN or seperate. I am not even sure anymore what I am looking for in a GP cause am not looking for meds. Maybe to make more connections cause though I have seen a reumatologist etc a lot I feel is going on auto immune wise in my body. Well thanks again

Last edited by SandyRI; 02-25-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added more content
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote