View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
mhr4

mhr4

I tried Nueroscience and it's crap. Your MD is probably a distributor for them and that is why he is pushing their products on you. You can easily get cheaper forms of these supplements on the internet or at your local health food store. And, as MrsD pointed out, the individual ingredients come with side effects and you need to find out if any of them give you side effects. I was a big fan of them until I figured this out.

Also, how bad are you adrenal fatigued? If it is just minor - moderate adrenal fatigue, then supplements and rest will work just fine. If it is moderate - severe then you will need Hydrocortisone treatment to give your adrenals the much needed rest they deserve. Typically this comes in the form of Cortef and sometimes Isocort. Go to your local library and get Dr. James Wilson's book on adrenal fatigue. It has a lot of good info in it that you need to educate yourself on. He does have a program you can do and it is effective for minor-moderate adrenal fatigue, but this program is very expensive and regimented. So, unless you have the next 4-6 months to do nothing but lounge around without any stress, I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, you can get a very general and vague idea of your neurotransmitter levels from a urine test, but this test is not accurate for therapeutic purposes. The only way to accurately measure them is to get a sample of your cerebrospinal fluid, but this is obviously not feasible. There are also written tests you can do that will also give you an idea of what you are dominant in and deficient in. You can also raise your levels through diet. Google: "neurotransmitter, diet" and you should be able to find diets that raise neurotransmitters.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nyc76 (02-25-2010)