View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 05:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PNer introduces herself

Hello everyone !

I’m a new member here. I have had Small Fiber Neuropathy since 2004, and in 2008 was also diagnosed with Autonomic Neuropathy. It was the onset of the Autonomic Neuropathy that finally made it impossible to continue working. So, in January 2009 I filed for SSDI. I went through nine frustrating months, with my case being assigned to the DQB, but was finally approved at the Initial Decision level.

I have to admit I’m a reluctant joiner. I do much better as a lurker, and I have been lurking around this forum for a couple of years. In fact, when I was first diagnosed with SFN, I found a great spreadsheet at Liza Jane’s website for tracking my lab tests.

At the encouragement of friends and family, who knew I needed some way to fill my time, I started a blog about my experience with Social Security. In that blog, I devoted a page to the Social Security forms with fillable form fields. It was so frustrating for me to find that in this day and age a government agency would publish pdf forms, but not include fillable fields. But then, I have decided that SSA makes application as difficult as possible for a reason. I did several internet searches and couldn’t find anyplace that had forms with the fillable fields.

Since computers are my thing and I have difficulty with my hands cramping when trying to fill out page upon page of forms, I created the fillable form fields for all of the SSDI application forms. It worked great because if I wanted to change something, it didn’t mean starting the entire page over again.

I would like to share them with as many people as possible, and would even take suggestions for expanding the selection of forms to any forms (not just SSA), that others would find useful.

Like I said, I’m a terrible joiner, but decided this might be the way to let others know I have what they might need. **

I will look forward to being an occasional contributor to the Peripheral Neuropathy forum, but even this post has left me feeling like I’m standing naked before a crowd.
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-26-2010), mrsD (02-26-2010)