View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
Yes, as a physical being, pain is important to experience in order to survive. But, a lifetime of agonizing pain is hell on earth. If one was to acquire a painful syndrome and suffered for any length of time then relieved completely of the pain, that would be heaven on earth for that person, their family and friends.
Mr. King,

There is another significant side to this disease that we the patient, and you the caretaker that I do not understand. With respect to my husband and children how does this impact your lives. I see the frustration on my husband's face at times, I see him doing chores that I always took care of, We do not socialize much anymore, due to the time duration that my body can withstand. He does everything in his power to keep my stress level down, including keeping secrets with the kids. My daughter's would love nothing more than a trip to the mall with me, or breakfast, instead there are days they just have to settle for a cup of tea and a good movie. I always encourage them to go and do things without me, but often they won't for fear of leaving me out. I do the very best that I can do in a day and yet I know deep down in my heart it just isn't enough. What if anything can we do to strengthen you. Where do you get your strength? It is difficult to keep a good attitude when dealing with a loved one with this disease? My husband is wonderful to me, he gets me through some really bad days, and I really do not know what I would do without him. I do try to keep a good attitude, gratitude and encourage everyone. I tell them this is not their burden to bare and yet it is. If you have any input as to how the caretaker deals with your pain from watching a loved one suffer, do share.

God Bless you and all caretakers, you are truly a blessing in our lives.

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (02-26-2010), Dubious (02-25-2010), Kakimbo (02-28-2010), SandyRI (02-26-2010)