View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 02:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
#36 down. No problems, no concerns as usual.

Had the meeting with my neuro after the infusion. He went to the Key Opinion Leaders Conference last month in FL. He had a lot to say, even had notes. We talked for over an hour. He is no longer pushing drug holiday. His opinion is that there is no protocol, no studies to back up a holiday although there is talk of setting up some sort of scientific study, and that the assay will be out within months and that once you are identified as a non-carrier of JC virus, you'll stilll have to be tested every 6 months since we don't know when we are exposed, who becomes a carrier once they are exposed, etc, etc, etc. Regardless, it was a relief for me since I didn't want a holiday.

So I wait for the test/assay to come out, get on the trial if one is required to test the assay and we shall see where it goes from there!
Life is good!
Thanks RW!! And congrats on #36 I would be curious to know if you learned anything more about the assay. Is it still unclear whether this will be available to all people on Tysabri OR only people who sign up for the clinical trial? My neuro isn't keen on drug holidays either because of the danger of developing antibodies to Tysabri.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (02-28-2010)