View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Now that Liza Jane has pulled up that back post--

--with those test result intepretations, I would certainly agree he should be titred up for the vasculitic autoimmune markers.

AND--if it comes to that, I'm sure Dr. Goldfarb can order the tests for specific antibodies to peripheral nerve. Some of these have to be sent out to specialtyu labs, but I had them done, and so could Alan. These are listed also in Liza Jane's spreadsheeets under "Neuronal Antibody Tests". Obviously, which to order would depend on Alan's reports--does he have only sensory symptoms, or is there evidence of motor involvement (and as I recall from back at the beginning of the thread, the latest NCV/EMG seems to show some motor involvement, even if Alan doesn't have discernable motor symptoms), the kind of nerve irregularities that have shown up, etc.

In keeping with the idea that once one has one autoimmune condition, it's quite likely they are prone to others (look at so many of us), it would behoove them to give him some more serum antibody testing.

I've not had much succees finding a blood test that is initialed HV, though I do know that HV is a designation for one of the human mitochondrial haplogroups common in people of Western European ancestry. I'm not sure if this is what might be relevant (though dysfunction of mitochondrial processes has been implicated in some disease conditions--could it be a propensity to autoimmunity is being looked for?), but I'll keep looking.

I hope with that 3-hour glucose tolerance test they look at insulin levels as well as glucose levels as they go--the rise and fall of each, and the time lag between, is often more indicative of impaired glucose tolerance/insulin resistance than just looking at glucose levels in isolation.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote