View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
It should say on your label... If it doesn't call the pharmacy up or whatever. The Lupin brand comes in a flat blue plastic unit dose pak...not loose tablets in a bottle. Don't assume you will get the same brand you are now using...they may use a cheaper brand for the yearly fills.

You can also go to Rxlist.com and use their ID checker.

My only reservations about a year's supply at a time...is that you have to store your whole supply very carefully to avoid moisture, heat etc. (I'd open it once a month and take out 30 and put in another container moisture proof RX bottle-- the less you open it the better). If you react to the company that they are using, you would be stuck with 365 tablets as they don't take them back (health laws prevent this).
Mrs. D.

Went to Rxlist.com and I looked up LISINOPRIL.

Well!!! it seems that there is a Prinvil, a Zestril, (that was on the bottle when I was in the Accord Program), and then there is a Lisinopril and Hydrochlorothiazide (water Pill, this I know), named Prinzide and then there's the same thing caled Zestoretic (I was on that for a while YEARS AGO.

When I left the Accord study, the bottle said ZESTRIL, and I've been getting the generic ever since.

How come there's more than one Lisinopril (I'm not referring to the water pill one)???

Oh, I just looked at the back of the bottle. It says:

Markings: LUPIN 20 pink round debossed. Luckily I have had no problems with what I've been taking for the past year.

I have 3 refills left so I'm good for the year, but I was thinking NEXT year.

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote