View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question PT not working./Let them know? How?

Hi guys,
I'm just looking for opinions or for experiences anyone is willing to share.
In approximately the last 18 mos. I've been to 4 different PT offices and seen 6 different PT's.
My current PT is, I think, pretty good. She at least wants to attend or at least communicate directly with the Ortho Surgeon I go back to see soon.
She's been treating me since late November, post first rib resection surgery.
Currently the last few sessions we've been getting to know the TENS unit. I've been using it in PT sessions and at home.
Basically, I don't think the TENS is making much of a difference. Is a week long enough to tell or does it take a long term to see benefits from a TENS.
We moved it to my arm the last session and I did it at home the day in between.
Well, my ulner nerve started going ballistic the afternoon after my last PT session and yesterday. It feels better this AM.
I've been using the TENS on low setting so I really dont think that the two 20-30 minute sessions each day are overdoing it.
Also, she wants me using it up and down my back. Well, I can't reach my back with my injured side and I can't turn my neck far enough to see in the mirror to put those thing's on.
My PT seems pretty intent on using the TENS even though I've told her I really haven't seen any benefit.
Should I just keep going through the motions with the TENS and do what I'm told?
At what point and how do I explain that I think it's a waste of time?
Hope everyone's having a GOOD day! We are getting ready for another deep freeze here
gbsb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote