View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

A nurse or an elementary school teacher. I was a candy-striper at the VA hospital and loved it. I also volunteered at a nursing home when I was a teenager. In sixth grade I was a tutor for reading for 2nd and 3rd graders. I loved that.

Like B2Y, I learned that I probably wouldn't do well as a nurse but in some other capacity of caring in the hospital.

I'm glad I didn't pursue the teaching route. Things are so different now than they were when I was in elementary school.

Ultimately, I got to do what I loved. I stayed home with each of my boys till they were old enough to go to preschool. By that time I was ready to get out of the house and so were they!

I think if I had not gotten married quite so young I would have taken a different route. Who knows? But I'm not complaining.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-26-2010), SallyC (02-26-2010), tkrik (02-26-2010)