View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZjanie View Post
Now that I am retired and have a little more of both I am too old at 61 and I don't have that many working brain cells so I would never be able to finish.
You are never too old to go to school and learn. You could do this Janie! Take an online class. NAU has some awesome online programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Ultimately, I got to do what I loved. I stayed home with each of my boys till they were old enough to go to preschool.
I wanted to do this as well but things didn't work out that way. My mom always told us kids to get some sort of post secondary training/education as that way we always had something to fall back on. She was right on this one. I needed that as I never planned on being a single mom.

Of course, my mom always told me that I would do great as a home economics major. And she knew what I could do to a kitchen in a heartbeat. LOL As DBF tells me, he did not fall in love with me because of my cooking. The rest of home economics I do just fine in - just keep me out of the kitchen unless it is to clean.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (02-27-2010), barb02 (02-26-2010)