Old 02-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
HIstory sounds like it is repeating itself.
You put up with 10 years of abuse verbally and physically....so now he is doing it again ......no wonder you are feeling afraid.
I feel afraid for you.
Definately talk with your pdoc and then get a tdoc for yourself if you don't have a therapist yet and get some help.
You don't deserve to be treated this way.

keep posting we are listening.
i second everything Beth has said. actually i would look into getting specific counseling... a domestic violence counselor - for yourself. i can see how you would feel afraid in this situation. like Beth, i feel afraid for you.

as far as Church helping... did something change in that situation... is he still attending? if i do some arithmetic 33 years of marriage of which 10 were bad leaves 22 which were... ??? ok? good? ... until this recent year when you describe his gradual worsening again. but those in between years... just how good did it get? were you still afraid of him?

i ask because it is statistically very unlikely for abusers to change... unless tied to alcohol or drugs where the person makes a successful recovery from the addiction. however, statistics don't tell individual stories. so if the Church made a dramatic difference with your husband, it could again.

Anyway, domestic violence counselors are specifically trained to help with these kinds of issues, and to help you gain insight.

i hope you will be ok... sending prayers.

~ waves ~

Last edited by waves; 02-26-2010 at 05:26 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-26-2010), BlueMajo (02-26-2010), Dmom3005 (03-02-2010), dogodlvr (02-27-2010)