View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 02:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
Truthfully, I always had a fantasy that I wouldn't have to work, but could stay home and be a mom, then a grandma. Life isn't usually like that.
I never had the fantasy , but it is what I ended up with... still waiting for the grandma phase though!

As a child, all I wanted to do was drive an 18-wheeler. My dad said he'd kick my butt from home to Sunday if I ever did that!! He let me "drive" his log truck a few times, but I don't think I could have done that full time.

I took one of those career/personality tests in college. The #1 career it suggested...Catholic Nun. I wasn't Catholic until after I got married! However, I did entertain the idea of training to become a youth minister in the Methodist church.

I majored in business and math education in college, but realized my senior year that teaching high school was not my calling. I thought of switching majors to electrical engineering, but that was going to require 2 more years. I got married instead and moved on to other things.

TKRIK ...I'd be no help to your daughter! I never did figure out what I wanted to do...I just went with where life led me.
barb02 (02-26-2010), SallyC (02-26-2010), tkrik (02-26-2010)