View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Yesterday, along with the glucose tolerance tests he took tests for QUANTITIVE IMMUNGLOBULINS, SPEP,IFE, and other things (I can't read her handwriting). Maybe one of them was vasculitic autoimunne markers.
Oh, one more important thing. On December 19, Alan had all the blood work done and when we got the results (I remember posting them on these boards), on the last page there was one blood test that had not come back yet.
It said PM-SCL AB SEE NOTE
PRELIMINARY REP0RT, then it said:
"This test is delayed because reagents are unavailable from the manufacturer. Results are expected by 12-28-06. This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute. It has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. FOOD AND DRUG Administration. The FDA has determined that such clearance or aproval is not necessary. Performance characteristics refer to the ananytial performance of the test". blah blah.

I think I remember asking Dr. Fred "what is this test for" and he said Scleroderma. At least I think so.
I'm calling today and asking if they got the results of this test.

I know Dr. Goldfarb is being very thorough. She studied under Dr. Lantov.

I will phone her and ask about this.

OH, you mention connective tissue things. You are talking about Lupus, right? He's been tested several times by two different labs for lupus and the doctor told us "Alan does not have Lupus".
Any more connective tissue disease you are thinking about?

What would I do without you guys!!!!!

thanks,
Mel

P.S. No, he doesn't have diabetes!!!
and don't forget, his mother DID have Guillian Barre Syndrome. That has always been ruled out but honestly, if he inherited SOMETHING from his mom, who knows???

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 01-24-2007 at 08:51 AM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote