View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 05:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I too had to have a evaluation before my SCS implant. I had only about 10-15 question sheet to fill out. Then the doc did about an hour long interview. My doc pointed out my OCD and said that I seemed depressed. I knew about the OCD, I think I've had it since high school. I ask him do you not think any one in as much pain as to be willing to have an invasive procedure such as a SCS, don't you think they might be just slightly depressed. So he says yes. He said that if you have pain all the time like that, that as your depression gets worse it can actually make the pain worse. He said that I should treat the depression and the pain and maybe we could achieve a happy median. So with that said I started on depression meds. He gave me the go ahead for the surgery. At the time it made me feel as if I were a nut case, but the more people I talk to do take meds for depression if they are in pain. I guess now I just feel like they go hand in hand depression and pain. Maybe I might not be a nut case. LOL With that said I guess my main thing is don't feel embarresed to have a physciatrist they do help alot if you truly need them.
abrown176 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (03-06-2010), Rrae (03-18-2010)