Thread: Hair loss?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been on mirapex for 5 years now and have lost a lot of hair. hair seems come out of its roots so easily. Its a side effect of Mirapex for sure, may be common to all agonists.
Johnsons baby shampoo helped a little but didnt stop.

girija

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamlash View Post
I've been diagnosed for about 6 years now and presently taking carbi/levo 25-100 7 per day plus Comtan 200 - 4 per day. I have a lot of wearing off and keep watching for new possibilities in drugs or alternatives. I am very active, don't sleep much and keep a positive attitude.
Yes, call me vain but, I guess one of the things that is bothering me most is hair loss. I am female. I have always had a very thick head of hair. But, since beginning the PD drugs it has been coming out by the hands full. If I hadn't started with a lot of hair, I'd be bald by now. I've even lost about half my eyelashes. I've heard that this is a somewhat rare side effect of the meds but no one seems to know anything more about it. I did read somewhere that if I stop taking the meds, my hair will grow back... not a good solution. Has anyone else had this side effect or heard of a treatment other than not taking my PD meds?
Thanks!
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote