Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tyson,

I hope that you had/are having fun with the ski trip!

My speech problems started out long time ago with not being able to pronounce certain sounds at times (like 'k'- it would sound like 'kh,' the French R-sound). I spoke French at work, and many people thought that French is my first language, I guess, because of not being able to pronounce certain sounds at times...

I remember we had an inspection at work, and the inspection guy interviewed me both times (once per year over two years), and both times he commented on my accent, and how it was a very strange one that sounded Filipino or Chinese (I'm Scottish-Canadian). Other people commented on an accent too, including my friend's bf's mother- In fact, on that particular day, I was extremely tired, and noticed problems with being tongue-tied and stuttering, and sorta hearing an accent coming out of my mouth too! lol...Pretty bizarre stuff! When I brought it up to my friend many months later (when my speech turned very bad), she said that she had noticed it too...

All throughout this time, I remember becoming increasingly aware of my tongue, if that makes any sense. I'd move it around often in my mouth, to touch the back teeth. I have no clue why I was doing this, or felt the need to do this, but I'd do it. Now, whenever the MG gets bad, I can't touch the back teeth with my tongue.

But yes, like Juanita, when I'm very bad, I can't really pronounce much of anything and my voice starts to go raspy- it sounds like complete mush. I usually have to write things down when that happens, or talk very, very slowly.
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote