View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

After looking at the ingredients in BalanceD, Adrecor, and Travacor, I see that a good part of each supplement is B vitamins and other vitamins and nutrients. The only additional compounds is 5-HTP and L-DOPA. Could the B's and such be the cause of the reduction in symptoms?

I would highly suggest that anybody with these adrenal insufficiency symptoms start with some broad based vitamin and nutritional therapy. After a few months of good B vitamins and such, consider whether you need to add the L-DOPA and 5-HTP.

I have had all of the symptoms of adrenal insufficiency in the past. I have never taken any adrenal support supplements. My nutritional regimen works very well to reduce or eliminate the same symptoms as adrenal insufficiency.

Why spend big bucks on specialty mixes when you can start with a much simpler formulation and get your whole body healthy?

Also, since these neuro-transmitter precursors are essential amino acids, proper diet of proteins, including animal proteins should be maintained. Some bodies do not digest animal proteins well. This can be noticed by stinky flatulence. (passing stinky gas) If this is the case, pro-biotics that help with protein digestion may be worth trying.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote