View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 03:15 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I wanted to be a lot of things.

I wanted to be a firefighter (because my favorite show when I was five years old was Emergency!) I've never outgrown my love for fire engines...or firefighters I was discouraged from doing so because I'm a girl, and apparently that was something that girls couldnt do yet when I hit my teens.

Wanted to be a teacher. Now, I think I'd have to commit myself if I had become a teacher. No. way. in. hell. would. I. do. that. now.

wanted to be an astronaut...still kind of do, but I'm pretty sure I'd flunk the training in the Vomit Comet.

Wanted to drive an 18 wheeler. (another tv related career...used to love the tv show BJ and the Bear)

One job that I actually started the training for was sign language interpreter. I dropped out of the classes when I got mononucleosis in 1996 and didnt go back. (took a year for me to recover from the mono, and then started getting the weird vertigo problems soon after that)

Other job that I started the training for and have been trying to get back to ever since the MS crap started up was medical transcription. Everytime I make plans to start finishing the classes, I get a really annoying exacerbation. (so far, two vision problems, a leg that was so numb that I was afraid to leave the house because of it) and now I'm just scared to make plans again.

Aside from doing the medical transcription if I can ever get back to finish the training for that, I would LOVE to be a librarian. I love books. (yes, I have two Kindles, but I still love books...love going to the library still)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-27-2010), SallyC (02-27-2010), tkrik (02-27-2010)