View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 08:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A Nurse and only a Nurse

Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a Nurse. I have no idea why, it is something I have always wanted.

I was fortunate to attend a hospital based diploma program which gave me an unmatched foundation of nursing principles & practice.
My school resembled being in a convent. We had a 10pm curfew our first year, 11pm the second and midnight our third. The class before me actually had 'mandatory study' every evening for one hour.

There were 3 classes of 25 girls each and we lived in the "Nurses Home" , had our classes there and were actually on the hospital grounds. In the class after mine they finally admitted "men" and I did meet my DH there!! We had to keep our dating a secret or we both would have been expelled!!

I have never regretted my choice of nursing. I was able to take years off to follow DH around in the Air force and raise 3 beautiful children. I really miss it now that I can't work anymore!
Risby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-27-2010), SallyC (02-27-2010), tkrik (02-27-2010), Twinkletoes (02-27-2010)