View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 01:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Venous Arterial Doppler testing

Both of my hands turned greenish/blue a few weeks ago, my thenar to thumb tip and my fingers with the my palms of my hands spotted white with red like a baskket weave patern and the veins coming from my wrist were swollen as well as the veins in my thernar area. I took photos, it was really quite a scare. I had no increase in numbness or pain and no temperature change. They were just greenish blue. I made an app w/ my doc. and he set me up with some blood tests and doppler testing. Venous doppler was just the operator running an ultrasound wand up from the neck down the arm and a few squeeezes of the first to check blood flow and to rule out venous thrombosis. The arterial test consisted of three blood pressure cuffs on each arm. One at he wrist, one at he forearm and one above the elbow. Each cuff is inflated one at at a time and then a BP reading is logged in he computer. The results are not in yet. I believe the arterial is done by computer evaluating and reading the stats. My hand turned blue during the venous test because it had to be laid out at shoulder height to get the vein on the inside of the arm. But stilll no temperature change.....
withmore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-01-2010), Jomar (03-03-2010)