View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Hey Soccer,

I hope you really are improving. However, given your history of denial, I can't help but worry that you have decided to be less than frank with we cranky old nags. (I admit, we can be real downers.)

I don't mean to be insulting because I understand that your generation is far more relaxed about punctuation, spelling and grammar in casual correspondence than we old farts - but are your posts the best you can do? I'd feel better about your recovery if I knew you could choose to produce posts that were tidier and better organized. (My brain injury has done a lot to erode my written and spoken English.)You are, after all, intending to go to college.

There's more to getting a college sports scholarship than sports. As someone in contention for an athletic scholarship, you must also have displayed academic competence before your TBI. Maybe if you keep playing, you'll get that basketball scholarship. However, to stay in college you're going to need that brain you keep neglecting.

Please take care.
All my grades are fine right now actually. My lowest one is in algebra 2 and it's a pretty high C (I got a C in algebra 1 too so I knew it wouldn't be my highest grade). Other than that though my grades are where they would be if I hadn't had the injury.

I'm really feeling better too. And I'm not lying about it. I haven't had to sit out of any practices or even had almost any problems during them (just the occasional dizziness it doesn't last long though). I can even tell I'm playing more like I used to before the injury which i haven't noticed all season and most of the summer open gyms. I like it it feels good.

If I'm having symptoms but they don't even last 30 seconds should I still write them down. I just thought it seemed pointless since they aren't lasting very long. ?
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (02-27-2010)