View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 06:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Help Understanding Enterolab and LabCorp Tests

I am beyond confused with what all this means. I know after talking with the nurses at Enterolab that I am Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerant, with odds of less than 1% of developing Celiac, and am starting to follow a GF/CF/SF diet, however, I'm still confused as to what these numbers really mean.

What genes do I have? What do these gene combinations say? And do I need to get more testing besides somewhere from LabCorp?

Enterolab Results
HLA-DQB1 Molecular Analysis, Allele 1 0301
HLA-DQB1 Molecular Analysis, Allele 2 0602

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,6)

Interpretation of HLA-DQ Testing: Although you do not possess the main HLA-DQB1 genes predisposing to celiac sprue (HLA-DQB1*0201 or HLA-DQB1*0302), HLA gene analysis reveals that you have two copies of a gene that predisposes to gluten sensitivity (any DQ1, DQ2 not by HLA-DQB1*0201, or DQ3 not by HLA-DQB1*0302). Having two copies of a gluten sensitive gene means that each of your parents and all of your children (if you have them) will possess at least one copy of the gene. Two copies also means there is an even stronger predisposition to gluten sensitivity than having one gene and the resultant immunologic gluten sensitivity may be more severe.
LabCorp Results
Test: Celiac Disease Comprehensive
Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA
  • Results: 1.0 U/ml
  • Reference Interval 0.0-10.0
Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG
  • Results: 1.0 U/ml
  • Reference Interval: 0.0-10.0
t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
  • Results: <4 U/ml
  • Reference Interval: 0-3

Negative 0-3
Weak Positive 4-10
Positive >10
t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG
  • Results: <6 U/ml
  • Reference Interval: 0-5
Negative 0-5
Weak Positive 6-9
Positive >9
Sorry this is so "medical", but hopefully someone can help me read these reports and have a better understanding.
keri337 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote