View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry I just had a long term memory remission. My mother was going to physical therapy and there they had a pool. When her pt (insurance) time was done, they gave her the same recommendation to go on her own with water therapy. That being said, when she went to her doctor visit, he read the report from the pt and prescribed her water therapy only. Being that she had done her therapy there, they were obligated to allow her to use the pool for water therapy only and insurance picked up the bill. I think she pays a 12 dollar copay per month. The upside of this is...you have to be evaluated by a physical therapist to use this facility, let's face it they do not want the liability if one cannot get in and out of a pool safely without assistance. So....if you do not pass the physical therapy evaluation for water therapy (only), then I guess you are still in need of physical therapy.....hmmm. So talk to your doctor about a script for water therapy only. Most insurances will pay for this. I hate when I hear about professional people demoralizing people in their time of need. If you get your script, make sure he is the one to evaluate you and then you can slip a few times and take him down under with you!!!!! LOL Best of luck

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (02-28-2010), krank (03-02-2010)