View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 06:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ditching the prednisone

Lizzie,
I so appreciate you sharing your struggle with the pred. I am determined to get off this poison but after reading your post have decided to slow it down a bit. I am terrified of going into a crisis and coming off of it too soon just isn't worth the risk.

Nicky,
I have just recently started noticing the hair loss. I think you are right that it is connected to lowering the pred. Mine seems to be worse when I'm washing my hair. I am also noticing that it seems drier which is something I have never had before. I like you condition all the time. Does anyone else on here color their hair and if so have you noticed that your color seems to either grow out or fade at the roots quicker than before? I have colored once a mont hfor years but am noticing I really need to do it every 3 weeks to keep the roots from showing.

I had to laugh about the moonface everyone describes. I have noticed the last couple of weeks when I look in the mirror I look like I have chipmunk cheeks. Of course the weight gain is something I am really struggling with! I have gained 10 pounds and it seems like my jeans get tighter everyday. I bought a treadmill and have ordered a yoga DVD. My Dr told me it is hard to lose the weight while still on pred but to try and maintain where I'm at. I have gotten lazy about exercising and hope that will help.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote