View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi, don't understand what you mean when you said: "Don't waste energy on unnecessary stuff....promise?

What unnecessry stuff am I wasting energy on??

I got all my information I need to get. As a matter of fact, two seconds ago, I got the results of the PM-SCL AB and it was negative.

So for now, we have result from most of the tests.
When the batch he took yesterday, well, when they come in, we'll know more. Until then, he won't have a spinal tap, that much I know.

But I have to go with whatever Dr. Goldfarb feels is in Alan's best interest. She'll confer with Dr. Fred and whatever they come up with, well, they'll come up with.

I'm just curious. Can a person have an auto-immune disorder and it shows up late in life, like in their fifties. And if Alan does have some sort of auto-immune something, why would it get better with exercise, yoga and losing weight. Wouldn't it get worse??

We actually might never know exactly why he has this PN but he's doing fine on the cymbalta and he works out like a demon and he never looked better so believe me, I don't lose sleep over this.

There's so much more going on in my own life (like losing a son to Aspergers disorder), this is the reason I do all the research on the PN. Keeps my mind active and it at least keeps Alan a bit more informed than he would normally be. He actually looks up stuff a bit more now than he ever did.

I believe we all have to be accountable for our own health and our own choices in that health care. I mean, if we are able to. If not, then we rely on loved ones.

Alan and I only have each other. So I'm trying to get him to learn stuff and learn how to do research. Just in case someday I'm not here to make him muffins.

love, Melody

P.S. And get a load of this. My cousin's wife had a complete knee replacement yesterday and they wouldn't put her to sleep. They gave her a spinal (not an epidural either), a spinal. I never knew they still gave spinals. She said she heard the whole operation. I told her. "that's all they would have had me do, be awake during an operation", jeeeeez

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote