View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Welcome

Hi Timeless,

Sorry to hear your going through this! I have just had my uppers done due to advanced periodontal as well and immediate dentures put in.

You should certainly contact the Dr. regarding the 'sore spots', they could be bone spurs, pieces of the tooth that may not have come out at extraction, it is similar to a splinter, generally the gum will work the spur out, but sometimes it may need to be taken out by your Dr. Don't be alarmed, it is not uncommon. One thing I learned through this is to contact the Dr. at any time you feel discomfort, that is what they are there for! you are not being a 'bother', you are taking care of yourself, so pick up the phone to them.

Are you doing the salt water rinses daily? I noticed that really helped my healing process and I still do it daily during my cleaning routine.

I am just a patient and Bryanna will also post to you and she is GREAT! So keep a watch for her answer.

I wish you the best during your procedures and this is a great place to come for some comfort!

Looking forward to your posts and keep a positive attitude that once it is all done and said, you will look in the mirror with a great big smile and will be healthier as well.

Good luck
K
humarock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote