Thread: New to thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 10:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New surgeon

Well, I went to the new NS on Friday. He is young but very informed about Chiari. He is being taught by Dr. Mapstone, they are associates. I like him because he is sending me for a bunch more tests ( full lumbar MRI, Nuero opthamologist,ect..) trying to rule out everything before a decompression surgery. He says with all the birth defects that I have it wouldn't surprise him to find more in the lower lumbar. He wants to rule out tetherd cord. I guess my symptoms are not typical Chiari. I think over the years with my neck so jacked up I have just become acustomed to pain. ( I had 3 ectopic pregnancies, 1 that burst. those to me are a 10 on the pain scale) Maybe I am the dumb one but I say that living with a daily 3 or 4 is tollerable. Now I have something new to stress about, another MRI, I have to have IV sedation for that. I tried the valium (first time I had ever taken it) thought I was dong fine chillin in the loby and when they put me in, AAAHHHH!!! Made it through with the good stuff. Hope everyone is doing well, thanks for the messages, still havn't quite figured it all out yet. Enjoy everything you can,I try to. Cathy
Cathy M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote