View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My therapist & I were discussing things the other day, and she said something along these lines: "When we're young, we have a plan, and think if I do this and this I will get to this place in my life. But life never happens like that. Things come up, and suddenly you are in a place in your life you never imagined, no matter how much you planned..."
I believe that most of us look at where our lives have taken us and wonder, "Hmm, how did I get here?" My DS32 studied to be a kindergarten teacher; after a few years, it wasn't enough for his brain. So what did he do? Went back and got a doctorate in mechanical engineering, no less...now he researches hydrogen fuel cells. From a kindergarten teacher to a researcher...

As I said, your education doesn't stop after 4 years of college...so many go back to school to begin a new journey...or they get into a field that gives them the knowledge on the job.
It's stilling all the chatter in the mind to hear the quiet whisper inside that knows your true passion that is the most difficult...
barb02 (02-28-2010), Kitty (02-28-2010), SallyC (02-28-2010), tkrik (02-28-2010)