View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

PCOS patients may do well on Metformin. This however has GI side effects, and also may lower B12 levels. But some women lose weight on this and also become pregnant (if that is what they are trying for)

An alternative to this is a natural supplement called d-chiro inositol. This normalizes the metabolism of glucose and will also result in pregnancy in previously infertile women.

If you weigh over 130 lbs you need 1200mg a day. Weigh less and use 600mg a day.

Here is their website:
https://www.chiralbalance.com/store/index

I've been using this product for about a year now, with good results on my blood glucose. (I am long past child bearing--but this product is also good for insulin resistance. I had PCOS many years ago. One nice side effect of this supplement is a reduction of facial hair, which is caused by androgens that are at high levels in PCOS patients).

The price has come down quite a lot since last Feb when it was $89 a bottle for 60.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote