View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kim
I havent had either,but Ive had been scheduled to hace a SCS installed,,,another DR wanted to do the pain pump,,As you know,,A SCS can either help or hinder,,if your in [SIP @ 100% and there is a %{ Transition rate.} .when coming out of SMP into SIP,,,But if your totally in SIP,then the SCS wont work ,neither will blocks,because the pain isnt useing the nerve via to the bain,its going around it,,A SCS will either give you relief{ your still in SMP @100%] or it will give you partial relief{meaning your partially in In Both SIP and SMP,,,meaning that some pain messages are going to the brain via the nerve but part of the signal is going around the nerve{independent],,then theres no relief where its 100% SIP ,,,last opion to the scenario is the SCS will cause a spread ,,everyone is wired different kim,,it may work for you,,there's alot of failure rates tho...But,you do have a trial,that is where they put it in temporary to see if it helps or hinders,,,if it helps,they do a permanent install,if it hinders,,,they pull it out,,,I know of all of the above,,{people who didnt get relief,,,people that,did get relief people that did get partial relief and took some meds to compensate ,and those who didnt get any relief,,,,and those who it caused a spread]....I did notice tho ,that alot DR's use the pain pump as plan B ,,,,,,Ive heard more good about the pain pump,on this forum,,but to each his or her own,,,if you have the resources,,try the SCS..you dont want to wonder or regret not trying it,,theres alot of people who do get relief,,then try the pump,,Or go straight for the pump,,,but,,go with your gut,,,pray on it kim,,the Lord will guide you,,,,,bobber
bobber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (02-28-2010)