View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Quote:
And just want to know more... The GI doctor was my mothers GI doctor and neither she nor my father think I have problems. But oddly enough, I carry 2 genes, passed down from each of them, and my Mom has a whole list of autoimmune issues for herself (epilepsy, brain tumors, had ulcerative colitis / proctitis, gets sick easily, and breast cancer) - and there are more in the family (dairy allergies, autism, another family member with brain issues, Crohns on both sides, cancer rampant, etc).
yes, yes, yes. If you've read the Gluten Connection you probably realize how these may all be related to gluten/casein sensitivity. Most of this is covered in The Gluten File, too. Good for you to figure this out for yourself and your future generations . It can be a tough task to enlighten other family members, particularly the older generations, but even siblings and children can be a challenge.

For now, focus on yourself and use Internet groups like this and others for the support you might not get from family or friends. Even many doctors are now blogging about gluten sensitivity, and are putting up facebook pages, etc. I have some of them listed on the gluten sensitivity vs. celiac disease page of The Gluten File. The more you continue to read and search, the more supported you will feel. You are on the right track.

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
keri337 (02-28-2010)