View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 05:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi All,

I wanted to provide you with an update. Below is a copy and paste of the journal I have been keeping regarding the differences I have seen in my mother since she has been taking the carbidopa / levodopa. Note that there is some overlap between what you will see below, and some results that I made in a previous post.

Also, my mother's second neuro appointment is tomorrow morning. She has a copy of my journal in addition to the article that you guys provided to me a few weeks ago.

My journal:

On Saturday feb 13th I noticed more personality in her face and she seemed to be more social and talkative. She also gave mention to the fact that she felt the tremors in her hand were more controllable.

On Saturday february 19th I noticed more personality in her face again, she again seemed to be more social and talkative. She appeared to be moving around quicker. On this evening she was able to put both legs up by herself. She drank wine with me this evening.

On Sunday february 20th I noticed the same as on feb 19th. She again was able to put both legs up by herself. She is now opening pill bottles by herself. We made changes to dads rx document today, and she hand wrote the changes. Her hand writing is still a little sketchy. When I called her this evening to tell her about brians gift to me she really had a lot of emotion to her voice, more than I have heard in months.

I have also generally noticed that when the drowsiness of her meds kick in, she has very sudden, blatant yawns. I can't say I have ever seen her yawn like this.

End of journal.

After talking with her this weekend, she claimed that this past week she felt a little "off", and that the prior week she feels that she felt better when compared to this past week. She asked if the Rx she is on has a higher dosage. My answer was, most likely, and that the dosage she is on right now appears to be the basis starting dosage for people in her situation.

When talking with her last evening, she was telling me a story about when my parents enrolled me in pre-school back in the 80s. She was describing the pre-school that I attended, and placed great emphasis on certain words in her sentences. I have not heard her place emphasis on words like that in months.

As I mentioned earlier, her second neuro appointment is tomorrow. I felt it was a good idea to provide her with the small journal I have been keeping. I am also updating this thread as often as possible because it will also serve as a documentation reference as we continue moving forward.

Thanks again to all for your continued support.

Matthew
SmittyZ3M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote