View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Well as I'd said? The hospital legally did 'substitutes'?

using a cheaper product, BUT charging the insurance CO for the higher priced product...which at the time was about $55 a gram? W/the cheaper product being about $10-15 less than the prescribed product...ergo? HOSPITAL PROFIT? NOT when I'd contacted the FDA and the state as they'd not contacted my neuro about the substitutions, which by law is a requirement? So they GOT A couple of $K w/e 'mistake'? Eh?
For me tho, I get to pay 20% of the bill, until meeting the deductable, so usually about $3-5K up front IF they present the bills properly to the ins. co and on time! Once you meet your catastrophic? {After 2 months if things are done right? [in my case not ever settled until JULY?]} You shouldn't have any major co-pays except for surgery or other funky surprise issues [And Ive had them all!] As long as your paperwork goes in w/o fuss? And comes out paid the same way? Go for it!
I've got to ask tho? The dose? Was it enuf? Go read the 'prescribing' info of the product and keep track of that dose! Lots of docs tend to be 'conservative' when agressive mite be the better option? Actions and reactions to infusions can also be aleviated by some preparations prior to infusion and diet tricks that should you get the 'flu like symptoms' can get you around it all.. I had NO HELP in this quarter? Just followed my nose and did common sense things, which I KNOW you would do anyhow!
It's worth a try, tho many don't get results rite away? That's either due to NOT enuf? Not the rite stuffs? Not long enuf? Or, the wrong condition. Thus a different treatment could be in order...or not.
It can get squirrelley! Hang in there - be forthright and PERSISTENT! And go for it! And may things WORK! So there! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote