View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Think im Celiac need advice.

I have hashimoto's Thyroiditis and i have seen a neurologist who diagnosed peripheral neuropathy and i believed it was attributed to this once i started on thyroid replacement my neuropathy symptoms significantly improved. BUT when i eat gluten containing foods like today after one hour i start getting tingling and burning in my calves, back, arms and a huge worsening of neuropathy symptoms i also feel very weak and freezing cold with goosebumps all over my body i just don't feel right and can't do anything is this consistent with Celiac disease?

I'm aware hashimoto's thyroiditis has a strong connection with Celiac Disease.

I now follow a gluten free diet but these same extreme symptoms occur everytime i put something in my mouth which contains gluten. I also have problems with muscle weakness/poor muscle tone, gas, stomach distension and bloating, feeling full fast and food cravings and smell/taste loss which isn't attributed to zinc deficiency.

Can someone also list the symptoms they experience with celiac disease?

Im planning on doing the enterolabs celiac test to decipher whether or not i have celiac or if this is simply gluten intolerance.

I have done a test for leaky gut called the lactulose/mannitol challenge test which was negative but it did confirm that i did have a mild form of malabsorbtion 9.1% (9.5 - 20.0) which could be related to celiac

Last edited by MetalMX; 03-01-2010 at 02:55 AM.
MetalMX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote