View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wow, this is great info!

Thanks. Ironically, my sister has been diagnosed with Lyme, and so has my Mom. Mine has always come back negative by the normal Western Blot, but my sister believes so much in Ignex, that she sent me the pack and even offered to pay for it. I pulled the pack out yesterday, and finally after six months, decided to get the test done. I plan on having it done today!! I want to have the results done by the time of my UofM appointment on the 26th of March.

My first neurologist is great, I really love her. The only problem is, she is the one referring me out (ha ha). She is good enough to know she is over her head. She feels like since the IVIG didn't work, she is out of options. I think I will do some research on a good neurologist at UofM too. Maybe the immunologist there will have his own ideas, but I can always cancel the appointment then. Thanks for the insight on what to look for. Yes, I've seen two other neurologists, and once the EMG, Brain wave thingy, and brain MRI come back normal, they seem to think sometimes it is "stress." I wasted two years on a bad neurologist because I used to take their word as God.

Thanks again. I am so happy to have found some people I can talk to about this stuff. My family basically thinks I am nuts. While my husband is supportive in helping out when I can't around the house, he is not as supportive about helping me solve this riddle. He thinks I talk about it too much. At least now, I have an outlet and some answers.
Mommyoftwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote