View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi folks ~ I'm going to add one thing here. I had the SCS (it's been ~removed.) It is IMPERATIVE that when you are in the trial period, the doctors or the rep does NOT give you too many "restrictions" during your trial period. My trial was for a week. I was sent home with a unit for 7 days and I was given so many restrictions that I never got a good assessment of pain relief. I "thought" it covered the pain quite well. But then I get the SCS implanted and go on about my business and YIPES ~ I hurt like the devil and the SCS just irritates the sciatic nerve more than ever!!!!

I kept having it reprogrammed, etc., and tried this thing for 6 months and then to top it off it was too "heavy" for my body and tried to work itself out! UGH. So I had to have it removed. But I wish they hadn't given me so many restrictions during the trial cause I could have had 6 months doing something else! So make sure they don't "tie you down."

Thanks. Peace, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (03-04-2010)