View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Trig Greetings from Colorado

Greetings all, I've nothing to hide so I'm not going to beat around the bush. My name is Keith, I'm 38, Live in Denver, CO., I'm married for 15 years, have 2 children and I have CRPS/RSD. When I was 15 I was hit by a van crossing the street on a dirt bike. I broke my left leg intially in 7 places. 2 breaks were compound fractures and one of those was caused by the foot peg going through my calf. The othe compound fracture left an 11" scar on my inner side of my left leg centered around the knee. I spent 3 months in the hospital and 3 months in a rehab center learning to walk again. In 2005 I re-broke the same leg, giving myself a Tibia Plateau Fracture. The surgeons graphed cadaver bone to the site and screwed three screws into my leg. 4 months later I had an arthroscopy done on my knee (spelling?) an Achilles tendon lengthening and a release and fusion done on my left foot. I sat around for 2 years and found a really decent job, in my field of work and right before they were going to hire me I was pulling a lousy pallet jack and tore something in my left knee and haven't worked since. I managed to make that job last 2.5 months, if that.
I was diagnosed with RSD/CRPS, Type I on Aug. 7, 2009. I am quite upset that with all the symptoms and all my complaints of unyielding, mind-numbing pain, as well as a color changing leg, no doctors would tell me what was wrong. Instead they chose to treat me like I was some pill popping junkie. Yeah it's all in my head, right? That's what some of them remarked. In any case I'm happy to have found what seems to be a supportive site. I look forward to chatting and debating things with all of you, take care......
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings from Colorado-dsc00184-jpg   Greetings from Colorado-dsc00179-jpg   Greetings from Colorado-dsc00180-jpg  
Chrome1972 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-01-2010)