View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The few PA's that I've seen, have been tons more arrogant than the doctors usually are. I saw a PA over 10yrs ago because I was sick with mononucleosis. My aunt (a nurse practitioner) told me I had mono...told me to go to the doctor and ask for a mono spot test. The PA refused to do the mono spot test, said I had a sinus infection and sent me home with a penicillin based antibiotic.

After I had a bad reaction to the antibiotic (which basically confirmed the mononucleosis, because for some reason if you have mono and take a penicillin based antibiotic, you get this kind of reaction) when I went back the PA decided that maybe I needed to have a mono spot test done...(as if I hadnt already told her to give me one the day before!)

Same PA, the first time I had numbness from the MS (didnt know it was MS at the time) told me the numbness was from a sprain and didnt follow up on my complaint about the numbness and pretty much told me I was nuts. Then after I had optic neuritis, and 3 MRI's that finally gave me the MS diagnosis, I saw her in the hall at the doctor's office...she asked how I was, and I said "fine, except for the MS that was making my entire body numb" or something like that... I think she realized that I was ticked that she hadnt followed up on the numbness earlier that year.

I cant stand her, and if I ever have to call the doctor's emergency number at night to talk to a doctor and it's her who's on call...I'll usually just suffer till 8am and I can talk to someone else who has better bedside manner and isnt so...nasty...to her patients.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
legzzalot (03-01-2010)