View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 02:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Gives me Hope

Thank you, Chamar... your words give me hope; and I could certainly use them now.

My son took a temp job with my husband's employer last Friday; it was supposed to last up to six weeks, but yesterday the gastro- had him come in to take a camera pill in order to take a look at his small intestine. He ended up having the camera lodged in his esophogus because he's so inflamed, and they didn't know what to do to get it out. I wanted to scream. They ended up sending us to the hospital, and doing a scope on him to push it down. A huge copayment and lots of misery later, he got so sick he couldn't go back to work, and is now so afraid he's too inflamed to be able to eat.

I 've had him on all the meds and supplements, as you know. I've started cutting down his Risperdol in order to wean him off, but he's already become very surly and impatient because of the change, and it breaks my heart to see him like this.

I ordered some almond flour, though, and will start in on trying to find the correct Occupational Therapist for his tactile problems. Anything special I need to ask for there? Thank you for sharing on here. It sooooo helps!
TaffiMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote