View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tooth Fracture Question

I had posted a few weeks ago with questions about a root canal and pain that I was experiencing after having it. I had a bite adjustment and antibiotics and the tooth still was hurting (tooth is still sore when tapped on and aches). So I was sent to an Oral Surgeon who thinks I have a fracture in the tooth (in the root). They want me to have it extracted and get an implant. I am very nervous because this is my front tooth and the fracture doesn't show in the x-ray. There is a infection showing on the x-ray, so I have to stay on antibiotics until the tooth is pulled.

So my first question is has anyone had an experience with a fracture in the root of their tooth or dental implant in their front tooth?

Also, the past couple of days the other front tooth (the one right next to the root canaled tooth) has started to ache. Can you feel pain in other teeth if one of your teeth has an infection and/or has a fracture in the root?

Has anyone ever wore a flipper before while waiting to get your dental implant? Are they really uncomfortable?

Thanks in advance. Just trying to make the best decision for me. I know once you pull a tooth you can't get it back.
Alex123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote