Thread: ATN Question
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ATN Question

I was diagnosed with ATN. Woke up one day with pain radiating up to my right ear so naturally the dentist thought it was a tooth problem. We could not figure out what tooth is was for sure b/c they all ached. That was 2 years ago. A root canal ...excruitating pain after, then tooth removed, even worse burning pain. Went on Gababpentin for 6 months and helped pain. Neuro weaned me off, then pain started coming back. A constant pain in the lower teeth on the right, pain in jaw, neck, under ear and back of head. MRI's showed no lesions and CT scan no vascular problems. Back on Gabapentin and just wondering where I go from here. This started 2 months after giving birth and I don't want to be like this forever. Since the neuro says is Atypical...how can I find the source of the problem. Is it worth it to take a trip out to MAYO Clinic. What other alternative therapies can I try besides accupuncture because that did nothing. What about nerve blocks, cranial sacrial etc. Any help and or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Can this be something else besides ATN?
adimaria is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote