View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So glad you are starting this, and I look forward to prayerfully being a 'link' you put here for someone whose cure was Vitamin D!

My neurologist called today. Asked me how I was. I told him I'm not sure because he was calling me!
He told me that my bloodwork all came back within normal ranges except for the D (you and I knew that, but he had not yet called to discuss with me).

He said he has seen Vitamin D deficiency cause symptoms that mimick neuropathy. He wants me to just focus on getting these levels up and not do any more testing at this point. He is highly suspect that this is my problem.

As a refresher, I was dx with bilateral Tarsal Tunnel--confirmed through a nerve conducitivty test. Well, the test showed some issues anyways. To the podiatrist, it confirmed it was probably Tarsal Tunnel. I had one surgery to release the area and it did not 'take."

Neurologist said that bilateral entrapment in this way is rare. So not sure what that means for why I tested that way on the nerve conductivity test...

He told me to wait at least a month to expect any improvement in symptoms.

Thank you, thank you, Mrs. D. for starting this thread, and for posting all of the links for reference.
cher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (03-04-2010), mrsD (03-02-2010)